Get to Know Your Husband All Over Again
Sometimes we forget it’s the little things that make the biggest difference.
this post may contain affiliate links.
When my husband and I first started dating almost 10 years ago, we talked about anything and everything. Nothing was off limits. We learned a lot about each other in a short amount of time.
Now that we’ve been married for years, and have 2 small, beautiful children, we don’t get as much time to just sit and talk to each other. The times we do get to start a conversation are usually interrupted when one of us has to yell things like, “stop poking your sister with a spoon!” or “no, do not get another Popsicle for you and your brother, you’ve had enough!” and “get off that table! If you reach for that chandelier you’re going to be in major trouble!”. Then, of course, there’s “what is he playing with? Is that POOP!? Oh geez, it’s poop”.
Let’s face it, trying to have a grown-up conversation is exhausting these days. By the time we’re alone, after the kids have gone to bed, we’re so wiped out that we can’t even think of anything to talk about.
But as the day goes on, there are moments here and there that we can all squeeze in a fun conversation. Getting deep doesn’t have to take hours or happen only over a candlelit dinner. You can ask these fun questions anywhere or anytime (almost!).
Some of these questions are even fun to ask at family dinners or anytime the kids are with you. My husband and I started talking about some of our answers just last month. It was so fun to hear what our 5 year-old daughter had to say!
- What is your favorite movie? Why?
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- If you could have dinner with 1 person from any point in history, who would it be?
- If you could hop on a plane right now and go anywhere, where would you go? Why?
- If you could sit down with any relative who has passed away, who would it be and why?
- What was your favorite childhood pet?
- Which superhero would you be? Why?
- If you just got to choose 1 superpower, what would it be?
- What is your favorite, or reoccurring day dream?
- What is your favorite tv show?
- What is your favorite color? (this one seems so easy, but I guessed my husband’s favorite wrong)
- What is your favorite quote? (I can tell you right now that my husband will quote that whole big speech from Pulp Fiction)
- What is your dream job?
- What kind of charity would you like to start?
- What would you do first if you won the lottery?
- Which animal would you be?
- Who would play you in a movie all about your life? (I’d want Jennifer Lawrence, I think she’s my spirit actress)
- Would you choose a different name for yourself?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- What is your dream car?
- What was your biggest fear as a child? What about now?
- What is your favorite day? (Mine is leg day! Ha!)
- What was your first thought when each child was born?
- What would you do if you had to start a new career?
- Do you have any regrets?
- If you could create a new law, what would it be?
- If you could start any new hobby, what would you pick?
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
- What was your favorite date that we went on before we were married?
- What is your favorite memory from our wedding?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite thing that I do for you?
- What would you name a boat?
- What age would you go back to?
- If you had to choose just one, would you rather be physically strong or genius smart?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- Which school teacher inspired you most?
- What would your superhero name be?
- Who is the bravest person you know?
- Would you go into space if you were offered a spot in a rocket ship?
- What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
- If you had to pick only one outfit to wear for a week, what would it be?
- If you were invisible for a day, where would you go?
- If you could go to college for free, what would you study?
- If you could spend a night in one store, what store would you pick?
- What would you name a new planet?
- What musical instrument would you like to learn to play?
- If you were president, what is the first thing you’d do?
- What would your ultimate Halloween costume be?
- If you could give anyone in the world a gift, who would you give it to and what would you give them?
- What three things would you bring with you if you knew you’d be stranded on an island?
Here are some saucier ones for grown-ups-only date nights…
- What do I do in bed that you like best?
- Do you have any fantasies we could act out?
- What turns you on?
- What is your favorite thing to do in bed?
Don’t be shy, leave a comment or leave a question that should be on the list!