this post may contain affiliate links.
I hate running out the door at the last minute and forgetting something for the kids that they end up needing later in the day.
We get to a park playdate across town and I forgot my diaper bag. Or I forgot that the wipes were low and now I have to clean up the worst poopy with 3 wipes. Time to get creative right?
There’s always a friend to borrow something from. Or a store nearby, but who needs the hassle or extra expense?
I make sure I always have a stocked diaper bag in the back of my car. It really never comes inside my home unless I’m restocking.
And let me tell you, I’ve learned to restock the day I realize something is low. Because it’s always when I put it off that I forget and end up without something we need.
I’ve taken a lot of things out of the bag that we no longer need. My boy is 2 and my girl is 6. There are a lot of the baby-baby essentials that we just don’t need anymore. They’ve been replaced with the toddler essentials.
Here’s what I keep in the diaper bag.
- Extra clothes for each child
- Extra shirt for me (Eau de Spit Up is not my favorite scent.)
- Wash cloth
- Travel baby wash
- Travel lotion
- Travel powder
- Plastic grocery bags (wet or poopied clothes need a place to go)
- Dirty diaper bags (secret: I buy the dog poop bags from Amazon…soooo much cheaper!)
- Diaper rash cream (I buy the Walmart brand,